Infusions & Injections
Point of Care was founded in 2007 by a group of business and medical professionals that realised patients with chronic and acute illnesses were making expensive and time consuming trips to over burdened large acute hospitals to receive medicines that they could have simply received in primary care centre’s or in their homes.
We have a national team of accredited nurses that are highly trained and available to provide IV administrations and injection support in the home or through our network of Point of Care community infusion clinics.
The Point of Care Nurse Experience
- Our nurses are accredited in the International Best Practice of Infusion Nursing Care. Our team of nurses recently graduated with CRNI (Certified Registered Nurse of Infusion Care), this is the first team of nurses in Ireland and Europe to attain this qualification.
- We have safely and successful administered in excess of 12,000 community based medical treatments – including fertility, biologics, antibiotic infusions, TPN and vaccinations.
- All our nurses are currently Garda vetted.
- All nurses are registered with An Bord Altranais
- Point of Care nurses have experience in working within the HSE and also partnering with pharmaceutical companies. They have a clear understanding of the professionalism and expectations their clients require.
Point of Care is proud to be associated with some of Ireland’s top medical groups. Aviva Health Insurance covers a range of infusions, vaccinations and nursing procedures through Point of Care. Their objective is to reduce the complexity, cost and inconvenience of traveling into large hospitals to receive a treatment.
Our service is steeped in medical governance with hospital and privately based Medical Consultants in Ireland utilising our service daily, when a patient is deemed appropriate to receive their treatment in a non acute hospital setting, they are simply referred to Point of Care for home or clinic treatment. When a patient arrives at our clinic our obligation is to be prepared and ready to provide them with treatments, or self injection education, in a comfortable setting and efficient manner. At the end of each treatment we send a completed treatment report to the referring doctors or hospital unit.
Please contact us for more information on home or community clinic IV treatment on: 01 499 2674
Or please complete our contact form below.
We are very happy to assist you with your query.